6 Things You Didn't Know About the New Spider-Man (Probably)
English actor Tom Holland, 21, has had a quick rise to fame, from playing the title role in "Billy Elliot the Musical" in London’s West End to being cast as Peter Parker for Spider-Man : Homecoming.
But here are a few things you didn’t know about the young actor:
1. He is an accomplished dancer.
He began dancing at a hip class at Nifty Feet Dance School in Wimbledon. He also attended the BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology (some notable alumnae include Adele and Amy Winehouse).
2. His first feature film debut was in “The Impossible”
Where he played the eldest son of Naomi Watts and Erwan McGregor.
3. To prepare for his role as Peter Parker, who is a tech wiz, Holland went undercover at The Bronx High School of Science, which is one of the top high schools in the United States.
4. He has a dog named Tessa, who he has brought to interviews and press junkets.
5. He is the youngest of the three recent actors who played Spidey.
Tobey Maguire was 27 and Andrew Garfield was 29 when they played Spider-Man.
6. He has appeared alongside Chris Hemsworth in the movie “In The Heart of the Sea” and with Charlie Hunnam in “The Lost City of Z.”
The Lost City of Z Film
BONUS: Being a trained dancer helped Tom in performing his amazing stunts.
Go get 'em, Peter! Er.. we mean - Tom!
*Post photo from Comicbook.com