10 Problems All Curly-Haired Girls Know Too Well
They say you should always accept yourself, flaws and all. But growing up, I’ve always felt like I was the only one who had major hair problems. My hair would never move like everyone else’s and I could never follow the latest hairstyles.
Growing up, I’ve learned a few things (actually realities). First, not everyone has the same hair type. Second, your hair is what it is.
Here though are some hard realities for girls like me. All curly tops will relate.
1. Falling asleep with wet hair is a big no-no because it will be a huge tangled mess in the morning.
Walt Disney Pictures
2. People saying "You look so much better with straight hair!" after you’ve had your hair rebonded or something like that.
3. Being jealous of people with bangs.
4. Finally deciding to cut your own bangs and immediately regretting it.
5. "You don't brush your hair?" Nope. And this is why:
6. Needing tons of products to tame your hair.
7. Layers are a big no no as well because they grow out differently.
8. Hearing other people wish they had curly hair is always stressful.
9. Feeling fabulous whenever your hair is temporarily straight.
10. Feeling annoyed whenever someone thinks curly and wavy hair are the same. No honey, wavy is manageable. Curly is just curly.